Findmypast subscriptions are designed to help you explore your amazing family story, no matter where you are on your family history journey.
In the UK, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand, you can purchase three different subscriptions:
- The Starter subscription provides the essential records you need to lay the foundations of your family tree
- When you’re ready to dig a little deeper, we recommend the Plus subscription for access to some of the richest records in our collection, many you won't find elsewhere online
- A Findmypast Pro subscription gives you complete access to all areas of the site, including our huge newspaper archive
In the US and Canada, you can purchase two different subscriptions:
- The Essential British & Irish subscription offers the most essential family records for anyone tracing their heritage back across the Atlantic
- You'll get an even bigger picture of your past with the Ultimate British & Irish subscription, giving you access to our entire collection of records and newspapers
To see a full list of what’s included in each Findmypast subscription and to compare options, visit our membership page.
If your current subscription is no longer available to purchase on the site, e.g. Britain subscription, you’ll remain on that subscription until you cancel, upgrade or until it is no longer supported. The best way to ensure you stay on any subscription is to switch on auto-renew in your account settings. If your subscription to any of our discontinued memberships ends for any reason, you’ll need to choose an alternative from the options currently available.