It’s important to keep your payment card details up-to-date in your Findmypast account so that transactions and renewals can be processed seamlessly.
Reasons to keep your payment details valid
- It ensures hassle-free transactions when you need to make a new Findmypast purchase
- For subscriptions set to auto-renew, expired payment details mean your renewal won’t be processed and you could miss out on a loyalty discount
We’ll send you an email when we notice your payment card has expired. It’s easy to update the details to your new card.
- Log in and go to ‘My Account’
- Select 'Update payment card'
- Type in your new card details and select ‘Save Card’. This card will be used for all future transactions
Points to note
- If your subscription has expired because of out-of-date payment card details, you’ll need to purchase a new subscription using a valid card.
- If your 12-month subscription expires, resubscribe within 30 days of the expiry date and you'll automatically receive a loyalty discount. The new purchase must be another 12-month subscription.
- When you add new payment card details to your Findmypast account, we'll process a small test transaction to ensure the card details are valid. It will only be a pending transaction, won't be taken from your account and will be returned after a few days.